Area of Interest/ Research: Thermal Engineering
Professional Membership: HOD–ME, PIC-RUSSA, PIC- Anti Ragging , PIC quarter allotment, Member of Disciplinary Committee.
Key Publication: 17-International, 1-National
Area of Interest/ Research: Wireless Network, Database System, Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Java Programming
Professional Membership: Member of International Association of Computer Science & Information Technology (IACSIT)
2. Published A Paper On “Wi-Fi Location Tracker System” in An International Journal Of Scientific And Engineering Research (IJSER) Year September 2013 Volume 4 Issue 9 Edition (ISSN 2229-5518) Page No. 557-561.
3. Published A Paper On “Location Management For PCS Networks Using User Movement Pattern” in An International Journal Of Computer Engineering & Technology (IJCET) Year July-August 2013 Volume 4 Issue 4 ISSN Print: 0976 –6367 ISSN Online: 0976–6375 Page No. 505-513.
4. Published A Paper On "Memory Efficient Frequent Pattern Mining Using Transposition Of Database" in An International Journal Of Computer Engineering & Technology (IJCET) Year March-April 2016 ISSN Print: 0976-6367 ISSN Online: 0976–6375.
5. Published A Paper On "Fuzzy Logic Based Prediction On Thermal Conductivity Of Natural Fibre Reinforced Polymer Composite" in An International Journal Of Engineering Inventions Year Jan 2017 ISSN No (Print):2319-6491 ISSN No (Online): 2278-7461.
6. Published A Paper On "Classification Of Multivariate Data Set Using Supervised and Unsupervised Classification Methods" in An International Journal Of Science, Engineering & Technology, Research (IJSETR) Year Aug 2017 ISSN No 2278-7798 Volume 6 Issue 8 Page No 1306-1310.
1. Head of Department, Computer Science & Engineering.
2. Coordinator, TEQIP III
3. Officer In-charge, Discipline Committee
4. Member, Anti-ragging Committee
5. Member, Purchase Committee
Area of Interest/ Research: Evolutionary Algorithm, Fuzzy Logic Controller, Power System Stability & Control, Electrical Machines.
Professional Membership: IET
1. Analysis Of A Multi-Unit Hydrothermal System For Automatic Generation Control Using Fuzzy Logic Controller Integrated With PID Controller, International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Volume 114, No. 9, 2017, 335-345.
2. Load Frequency Control of a Non-linear Power System with Optimal PID controller with Derivative Filter, 2017 IEEE International Conference on Power, Control, and Signals & Instrumentation Engineering (ICPCSI).
3. Optimal PD-PID cascaded controller based Automatic Generation Control of a multisource interconnected power system tuned by Teaching Learning Based Optimization, 2016 IEEE India International Conference on Power Electronics (IICPE-2016).
4. Automatic Generation Control of a two area multi-unit interconnected power system with Proportional-Integral-Derivative controller With Filter(PIDF) optimized by TLBO algorithm. 2016 IEEE International Conference on Circuit, Power and Computing Technologies [ICCPCT]
5. A Novel Adaptive Fuzzy Controller for Performance Improvement of Direct Torque Controlled Induction Generator Employed for Wind Power Applications. 2013 IEEE International Conference on Microelectronics, Communication and Renewable Energy (ICMiCR-2013).
6. A Sliding Mode Controller Based DTC Scheme for Performance Improvement of Cage Induction Generator used for Wind Power Applications. 2013 IEEE International Conference on Microelectronics, Communication and Renewable Energy (ICMiCR-2013).
Area of Interest/ Research: Control System, Networked Control System
Professional Membership: Asst. Superintendent (Baldevjew Hall of Residence), Member (Disciplinary Committee & Anti-ragging), Member (Electrical maintenance)
Key Publication: 1-International
Area of Interest/ Research: AGC
Professional Membership: LMISTE
Key Publication: 1. Effect of different controller capacitive energy storage on two area interconnected power system model using MATLAB,Simulink. 2. Effect of CES & SMES on AGC in presence of different controller and RAMP disturbance
Extra Responsibility: PIC, Training & Placement Section PIC, Establishment Section
Area of Interest/ Research: Production & Industrial Eng.
Extra Responsibility: PIC AICTE, Asst. Superintend Boys Hostel, PIC- AISHE, PIC-Workshop
Area of Interest/ Research: Opencast Mining, Haul Road Design, Rock mechanics , Bulk Utilization of Fly ash, Geotechnical Engineering
Professional Membership: LMISTE
1. Mallick S.R., Mishra M.K. (2017) “Evaluation of Clinker Stabilized Fly Ash-Mine Overburden Mix as Sub-base Construction Material for Mine Haul Roads”, Geotechnical and Geological Engineering, Springer Publication, Switzerland, DOI: 10.1007/s10706-017-0198-8, Volume 35, Issue 4, pp. 1629-1644. (SNIP: 1.035)
2. Mallick S.R., Verma A.K., Rao K U M (2016) “Characterization of Coal Mine Overburden and Assessment as Mine Haul Road Construction Material” Journal of Institution of Engineers (India): Series D, Springer Publication, DOI: 10.1007/s40033-016-0126-8, Volume 98, Issue 2, pp. 167-176.
3. Mallick S.R., Mishra M.K. (2013) “Strength Evaluation of Clinker Stabilized Fly ash-Mine Overburden Composites as an Alternative Haul Road Construction Material”, Emerging Materials Research, ICE Publication, London, DOI: 10.1680/emr.12.00031, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp. 144-151. (IF: 0.313)
4. Mallick S.R., Mishra M.K. (2013) “Geotechnical Characterization of Clinker Stabilized Fly ash- Coal Mine Overburden Mixes for Sub-base of Mine Haul Road”, Coal Combustion and Gasification Products, University of Kentucky Center for Applied Energy Research and the American Coal Ash Association, DOI: 10.4177/CCGP-D-12-00011.1, Volume 5, pp. 49-56.
Extra Responsibility: Hostel Superintendent-Maa Tarini Hall of Residence
Area of Interest/ Research: Physical Metallurgy
Area of Interest/ Research: Mechanical Vibration Finite Element Analysis Rotor Dynamics
Extra Responsibility: PIC Examination, GCE Keonjhar, PIC e-Evaluation, GCE Keonjhar
Area of Interest/ Research: Production Engineering
Professional Membership: HOD–BSH, PIC-Cultural
Key Publication: 2-National Publication
Area of Interest/ Research: Control System, Renewable energy
Professional Membership: IET, IEEE, LMISTE
Key Publication: 1: M K Senapati, Cardiac Arrhythmia Classification , IEEE conference, Kerala section-Aug-2014. 2: Sahoo, N.C. Mohapatro, S. Senapati, M.K., "A SoC based voltage control strategy for DC microgrid," in Electrical Power and Energy Conference (EPEC), 2015 IEEE , Vol. No., PP. No.: 185-190, 26-28 Oct. 2015.
Extra Responsibility: Scholarship In-charge, Asst. Supt. Ladies Hostel, SSG In-charge
Area of Interest/ Research: Smart Grid, Artificial Intelligence techniques, Power Quality
Professional Membership: ISTE, MIE
Key Publication: 1: A Ghosh and S. S. Dash et al., Modified Differential Evolution With Distance-based Selection for Continuous Optimization in Presence of Noise, IEEE Access, November,VOLUME 5, 2017 pp 26944- 26964.
Area of Interest/ Research: Power System Stability, Flexible AC Transmission System (FACTS), Automatic Generation and Control, Automatic Voltage Regulator, Application of Soft computing Techniques in Electrical power system.
Area of Interest/ Research: Solar Energy, Power System
Area of Interest/ Research: Foundation Engineering, Dynamic Soil Structure Interaction, Ground Improvement, Soil reinforcement
Area of Interest/ Research: Coal Preparation, Slime Beneficiation
Area of Interest/ Research: Traffic Engineering, Traffic Flow Modeling.
Award /Honor: 1. Awarded prize from Guru Nanak Lending Library, Cuttack for securing highest mark in 10th board examination at school level. 2. Achieved a monetary award for securing first position at school level (7th Standard) from Braj Gauri Trust, Mumbai.
Professional Membership: No
1.“An Overview of Design of Roundabouts”, International Conference on Emerging Trends In Science And Engineering Research (ETSER-2015 , NIT Manipur.
2.“Capacity Estimation of a Roundabout Intersection” National Conference on Recent Advances in Civil Engineering (RACE-2016), SVNIT, Surat.
3.“Impact of Traffic Congestion on Environmental Pollution”, International Conference on Industrial Impacts on Environment and Sustainable Development (IIESD-2018), GCE, Keonjhar.
Extra Responsibility:Treasurer, Civil Engineering Society
Area of Interest/ Research: Traffic flow modelling, Traffic flow theory, Pedestrian behavior analysis and modelling, Intelligent Traffic systems
Award /Honor: 1. Gate Fellowship during M.Tech 2. Prime minister scholarship during B.Tech 3. State Topper in 10th 4. State topper in NRTS exam
Professional Membership: UMI (urban mobility of India ) member
Key Publication: 1. Estimation of critical gap of U-turns at uncontrolled median openings (Transportation Letters : Taylor and Francis Publication) 2. Estimation of critical gaps by using Maximum Likelihood Method (Under Review)
Area of Interest/ Research: Power System Eng.
Area of Interest/ Research: Communication Eng.
Extra Responsibility: Asst. land acquisition OIC
Area of Interest/ Research: : Data structure, Object oriented programming, Computer Organization & Architecture, Computer Network, JAVA Programming, Operating System and Programming in C
Key Publication: 1. A New Fault-Tolerant Interconnection Network, 2. A Literature Survey: Stemming Algorithm for Odia Language
Extra Responsibility: PIC, Web Design & Maintenance (2007- 2017), PIC, Training & Placement Section (2008-2011), BPUT Centre Coordinator (2015-2016), PIC Stipend & Scholarship (2012-2015), PIC ,Central Computer Section (2008-2012), PIC, Examination Section from (2015-2016)
Area of Interest/ Research: Coordination Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry
Professional Membership: IANCAS
Key Publication: Journal publication-22, Conference publication-13, Book publication-03
Extra Responsibility: Prof.-in-charge, Central Library
Reviewer: Reviewer in 03 Scientific Journals
Area of Interest/ Research: Machine Design , Machine dynamics and fluid mechanics
Area of Interest/ Research: Machine Design, M.O.S, Vibration
Extra Responsibility: Assistant P.I.C Examination
Area of Interest/ Research: Vlsi Degisn, Nano Electronics
Area of Interest/ Research: Internal Combustion Engines, Air Conditioning Of Automobiles, Thermodynamics
Key Publication: An International Publication: Integrated Air Conditioning Unit For Automobiles, International Journal Of Advanced Research In Technology Volume2, Issue 2, ISSN-2349-7173
Extra Responsibility: NCC Coordinator
Area of Interest/ Research: Numerical Analysis, Complex Theory
Extra Responsibility: Disciplinary Committee Member
Area of Interest/ Research: Cosmology, Operation Research
Extra Responsibility: Member of Anti Raging Committee
Area of Interest/ Research: Power System
Area of Interest/ Research: IPCP(Industrial Process control & Dynamics)
Area of Interest/ Research: Beach placer mineral beneficiation (Zircon processing), Rig Noise attenuation in offshore seismic data.
Area of Interest/ Research: Ore deposits
Extra Responsibility: PIC Superintend Girls Hostel
Area of Interest/ Research: Concrete Structure
Key Publication: 3 International Conference, 1 International Journal
Area of Interest/ Research: Structural Engineering
Area of Interest/ Research: Concrete Technology & Structural Engineering Research on RCC beam with fine-aggregate replacement by Granite dust
Key Publication: International conference on Sustainable construction and building materials, NIT Surathkal, Karnataka (IC_SCBM)2018
Award/Honor: GATE fellowship in M.Tech Medhabruti in B.Tech Sanskrit Scholarship in +2 Science NRTS scholarship at Highschool
Professional Membership: Nil
Extra Responsibility: Nil
Area of Interest/ Research: Geotechnical Engineering, MATLAB
Area of Interest/ Research: Working in RS and GIS software like Arc GIS and SWAT, Familiarized with HEC-geo HMS.
Key Publication: Dandapat, A. K., and Sahoo S.N. (2017). “Evaluation of different loss models for runoff estimation in Subarnarekha basin” Hydro-2017, Ahmadabad.
Area of Interest/ Research: Traffic engineering, SPSS
Area of Interest/ Research: Ferrous metallurgy, Transport Phenomenon
Area of Interest/ Research: Physical Metallurgy
Area of Interest/ Research: Analytic and Numerical Methods, Non-Newtonian Fluid Flow, Nanofluids.Award/ Honor: JRF and GATE
1. A. K. Ray and B. Vasu, Hydrodynamics Of Non-Newtonian Spriggs Fluid Flow Past An Impulsively Moving Plate, Applications of Fluid Dynamics, 2016, 95, 2017. Status: Published.
2. Atul Kumar Ray (with B Vasu), Effect Of Cattaneo Christov Heat Flux On Natural Convection Flow Of Carreau Nanofluid Past Vertical Flat Plate, “International Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat and Fluid Flow”.Status: Accepted.
3. Atul Kumar Ray (with B Vasu and Rama S R Gorla),Homotopy Simulation of Non-Newtonian Spriggs fluid flow over a flat plate with oscillating motion, International journal of applied Mechanics and engineering.Status: Accepted.
Area of Interest/ Research: Organic Photochemistry and Spectroscopy.Award/ Honor: JRF-NET, 2010, conducted by CSIR-UGC.
Area of Interest/ Research: Fluid Dynamics, Magnetohydrodynamics, Heat and Mass Transfer, Numerical Analysis, Wave Propagation.Award/ Honor: 1. Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNF) by UGC 2. National Eligibility Test (NET) CSIR-JRF conducted by CSIR-UGC Professional Membership: 1. Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) 2. Indian Mathematical Society (IMS) 3. Society of Applied Mathematics (SAM), IIT (ISM), Dhanbad Key Publication: 1. G. S. Seth and P. K. Mandal, “Gravity-driven convective flow of magnetite-water nanofluid and radiative heat transfer past an oscillating vertical plate in the presence of magnetic field,” Latin American Applied Research, Vol. 48, pp. 7-13 (2018). 2. G. S. Seth and P. K. Mandal, “Hydromagnetic rotating flow of Casson fluid in Darcy-Forchheimer porous medium,” MATEC Web of Conferences, Vol. 192, Article ID: 02059, 4 pages (2018). https://doi.org/10.1051/matecconf/201819202059 3. G. S. Seth, P. K. Mandal and S. Sarkar, “Outlining the impact of ramped thermal and solutal conditions on MHD free convection rotating flow of second grade fluid,” Journal of Porous Media (Accepted for publication) (2018). 4. G. S. Seth and P. K. Mandal, “Analysis of electromagnetohydrodynamic stagnation point flow of nanofluid over a nonlinear stretching sheet with variable thickness,” Journal of Mechanics (Revised version submitted) (2018). 5. G. S. Seth, P. K. Mandal and A. J. Chamkha, “MHD free convective flow past an impulsively moving vertical plate with ramped heat flux through porous medium in the presence of inclined magnetic field,” Frontiers in Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 7(23), 12 pages (2016). http://dx.doi.org/10.5098/hmt.7.23
Area of Interest/ Research: Bengal Renaissance, Fairy Tales, Popular Culture.Award/ Honor: JRF-NET, 2010, conducted by CSIR-UGC. Key Publication: 1. The Pauper who marries the Princess: Subversion and Normative Reinforcement in Fairy Tales paper published in International Refereed journal “Impressions of Eternity” (ISBN: 2229-4813). 2. Behind the Shadows: A Psychoanalytical Study of The Shadow Lines, with special reference to the Narrator, Tha’mma, Ila and May Price paper published in International Refereed Journal “Labyrinth” (ISBN: 0976-0814) 3. Ecocriticism on William Wordsworth and Rabindranath Tagore: Wordsworth’s Poetry & Tagore’s Red Oleander – A Comparative Study full paper published in conference proceedings “Nana Rong’er Rabindranath” (ISBN: 978-93-82045-90-8). 4. My Cup Runneth Over work of Creative/Fiction (Collection of original poems) of single authorship (ISBN: 978-93-81678-664).
Area of Interest/ Research: Experimental condensed matter physics (Multiferroic oxides,Thin films, Nanowires and Nanotubes, Instrumentation ).Award/ Honor: 1. Awarded senior research fellowship (SRF) of CSIR. 2. Awarded National Post-Doctoral fellowship (N-PDF), SERB, Department of Science and Technology. Professional Membership: N.A. Key Publication: 1. Microwave absorption properties of reduced graphene oxide strontiumhexaferrite/poly(methyl methacrylate) composites, S. Acharya, J Ray, T U Patro, P.AlegaonkarandS.Datar,Nanotechnology 29, 115605(2018). 2. Neutron diffraction study of BiFeO3 and BiFe0.98Co0.02O3nano particles, J. Ray, A. K. Biswal, P. D. Babu, V. Siriguri and P. N. Vishwakarma, Solid State Commun.220, 57 (2015). 3. Low temperature magneto-dielectric measurements on BiFeO3 lightly substituted by cobalt,J. Ray, A. K. Biswal, P. D. Babu, V. Siriguri and P. N. Vishwakarma ,J. Appl. Phys. 117, 134102 (2015). 4. Magnetoelectricity in BiFeO3 and BiFe0.98Co0.02O3nano particles, J. Ray, A. K. Biswal, P. D. Babu, V. Siriguri and P. N. Vishwakarma ,J. Alloys Compd. 628, 32 (2015). 5. Effect of Co substitution on the magnetic properties of BiFeO3, J. Ray, A. K. Biswal, S. Acharya,V. Ganesan, D. K. Pradhan and P. N. Vishwakarma, J. Magn. Magn. Mater., 324, 4084 (2012).
Area of Interest/ Research: Solid state physics.Extra Responsibility: Member of Anti Ragging committee & p.o of female NSS unit.